Through objects, letters, maps, art and music, this lending kit helps students comprehend the impact the war had on nearly every person in the nation and state. Through documents and reference books, the kit also introduces students to using primary sources for historical inquiry so they can explore Civil War topics in their communities.
- Table of Contents and Introduction
- Soldier’s Haversack: Life on the Battlefield and in Camp
- Soldier’s Aid Society Package: Supporting the Troops
- Medical Haversack: Civil War Medicine on the Field and in the Hospital
- Town Archive: Using Local Primary Sources to Investigate History
- Town Archive Primary Documents